Huawei brand smartphones are among the top three best-selling products in the world for the class of Android-based phones besides Samsung and Xiaomi. Where certain types have included German production lenses, namely the popular Leica embedded in several DSLR or mirrorless cameras.
Even though the product is expensive, it doesn’t mean that Huawei smartphones can’t experience errors like other brands. Like the problem with Huawei’s HP getting slower, applications often close by themselves, the internet network sometimes drops even though the wifi connection or cellular data has a good signal and various other problems.
Many causes for Android phones such as Huawei, ranging from low prices to millions who experience trouble after several months of use. On the other hand there are those who have used it for several years but are still responsive and have no problems.
The easiest way to deal with Huawei android phones that often have problems is to return to factory default settings or commonly called factory reset. Instead of having to re-flash, of course, resetting is highly recommended because it is safer and there is a special menu that is easy to use.
When should an Android phone be reset?
This question is often asked by some Android-based mobile phone users. Sometimes some smartphone users who are still new are confused about whether their cellphone needs to be reset or not.
In fact, many suggest that it is better to re-flash the firmware directly to solve cellphone errors. It’s not wrong, re-flashing can be interpreted as reinstalling the system like on a computer when installing Windows OS. Everything is clean and the phone looks like it was just bought when the flash process is successful.
But if the Huawei cellphone is still under warranty and you are desperate to re-flash then the warranty is void, Likewise all other types of smartphones such as Samsung, ASUS, OPPO, Vivo and so on.
Then when to reset android phone?
- When the application often crashes or crashes. For example, when watching youtube, the application suddenly closes itself or the application cannot be opened even though the icon is pressed repeatedly and various other problems in the application.
- The system becomes sluggish and unresponsive. The characteristics of the phone are slow when opening and closing applications, scrolling the screen is also slow and sometimes there is a pause of a few seconds.
- The internet network is disconnected. If you have made sure that the WiFi or cellular transmitter signal is good, but the internet connection on your cellphone often drops and connects itself for no reason, you can decide to do a factory reset.
- Some Menus and icons on the screen are missing. Even if you don’t use the menu to hide application icons or the menu behind the screen suddenly many are lost and can’t be restored even after reinstalling the application, you can try to fix it by restoring to the original settings or reset.
- Many ads appear or notifications from nowhere suddenly come out covering the screen and are very annoying, usually this is because we have previously clicked on links or links that contain spam, malware or viruses without us knowing it entered the cellphone system.
- When you want to sell your cell phone. Where all personal data which is certainly confidential must be clean when deciding to sell a smartphone to other parties. Deleting photos or videos in the gallery is not enough, there are still many important accounts that can still be active when the phone changes hands. So before selling an Android cellphone, you should reset it first.
How to Factory Reset Huawei HP
Before doing the reset step, you should first backup important data to another device, such as transferring photo, video or contact files to a memory card. Where later the effect of resetting the phone is the deletion of all data without exception, such as files in the gallery, contacts, downloads and others.
As for Steps to Reset Huawei Phone is as follows :
- Enter the Settings / Settings menu
- Select menu Back up and reset
- Select the Factory data reset option
- There will be brief information stating that all data will be deleted, agree if you want the reset process to be carried out
- Wait for it to finish and the phone will reboot or reboot
After the Huawei HP reset process is successful, later the initial display will look like when we just bought a new smartphone, where we have to reset the language, location, enter Google account and others.
What is the difference between Recovery Mode and Factory Reset?
Maybe we have heard the word, namely the term Recovery mode and Factory reset. Where both have similarities but different ways and access to entry.
Recovery mode is superior to regular reset, which is when the android phone cannot enter the main screen and the reset menu in the phone settings cannot be accessed, then the recovery step can be a surefire option.
The recovery process can be run by using certain key combinations when the phone is still off. And another advantage is that there are special features that cannot be run in factory reset mode.
Among some of the general menus that are usually on the recovery mode page that almost all Android smartphones have, namely:
- Wipe data/factory reset
- Wipe cache partition
- Apply update from ADB
- Reboot to Bootloader
- View recovery log
- Power Down and Reboot system now
Another term for Recovery mode is Hard reset. From the name it can be seen that the process of returning settings to factory settings forcibly without going through the factory reset menu when the phone can turn on normally.
How to enter Recovery mode on Huawei HP
If your Huawei phone can’t enter the interface, try resetting it using recovery mode, the method is as follows:
- Turn off or shutdown Huawei HP
- In screen off condition, Press together Power button + Volume up and hold it don’t let go
- When the Huawei logo appears for about 5 seconds, release the two buttons
- Select Language English (To move the selection can use the volume buttons, to select use the power button)
- Then select menu Wipe data / Factory reset and press the power button to execute
- In the next screen select again Wipe data/factory reset
- Wait until the process is complete and select menu reboot system now
- Huawei phone will restart automatically and wait patiently until the main page appears
The thing to do after doing recovery mode on Android Huawei is almost the same as a factory reset. Where later we can do the initial settings by selecting the language, location, network connection and entering a Google Email account.
Those are some tips on how to reset a Huawei cellphone and the difference between it and the recovery mode process. And for the record, back up important data first before the reset begins because all stored files will be deleted and cannot be restored.